Personality: Happy, social, alert, mellow and loving all at the same time. Ziggy is very treat motivated so training him is a breeze. He knows all basic commands, sit, stay, heel, lie down, shake, etc.
Likes: Ziggy loves all of the following:
- Walks - walks well on leash or off. When off he likes to dart around the woods but always returns to us to check in.
- Cuddling up in bed
- Relaxing in the sun or in front of the wood stove in winter
- Playing ball
- Bones, chew toys
- Riding in the car/truck. He is awesome on rides!
- Chasing any kind of bug or moth
Although Ziggy has been living almost a year with his current family including two young boys and another dog, his prey drive has recently increased. The family reports he will now chase and kill outdoor wildlife that ventures into his yard such as squirrels & chipmunks.
It's been recommended that he be re-homed into an environment without any other dogs, cats, other pets, or young children.
Ziggy is a super smart, highly trainable dog who just needs someone willing to help him understand that he shouldn't be chasing or eating any furry or feathered friends.
His adoption will come with one free training session with our trainer to explain how to teach this skill to Ziggy.
Our adoption fee is $350 which includes age appropriate vaccines such as (Distemper, Bordetella, Parvo, Rabies), spay/neuter, worming, microchipping, and health exam. Discount vouchers for training, grooming and similar dog related products and services are provided.
* NEW: First vet visit is now FREE with participating VT veterinarians.
- Ziggy is ok left alone so as long as he has had a walk or some good outside moving.
- He is very well house trained and no longer uses the crate. As long as he has a nice bed he's happy
- Short, soft fur. Very little shedding and is a very clean dog
- Up to date on vaccines
- Weighs 45 lbs