Toby and his sister, Tessie, were found along the side of a dirt road in a rural part of MS. They had been discarded, left in a cardboard box in the heat without water, food or shade. A loving person heard their cries and reached out to help.
A rescue offered to care for the pups. After being treated by a local vet, Toby & Tessie were able to go into a foster home in MS. They are very lucky pups!! Just look at that smile on Toby’s adorable face.
Toby is friendly with dogs, cats and people. He loves to play, soaks up the love when cuddled, and is eager to please his people. This pup is a Low-Rider - he has short legs and a long body like a Basset Hound or Dachshund. His fur is red/copper in color and has black frosting on his back and tail.
We do not provide DNA testing which is the only way to know with certainty which breeds are in his genetic background. Our best guess is that he is a Lab mixed with Shepherd and maybe some Dachshund or Basset Hound due to his adorable short legs and long body. We expect him to reach 40-45 pounds as an adult, but we can not guarantee size at maturity.
Highlights about Toby:
- Enjoys playing with other dogs
- Working on his housebreaking skills
- Working on crate training
- Affectionate, friendly, curious
- Up-to-date on vaccines
- Food motivated
- Eager to learn
- Not neutered*
* Based on current veterinary recommendations, Toby has not been neutered due to his young age. We do require proof of this procedure at a later date as part of the terms of our Adoption Agreement. Please discuss the correct time for this to be done with your veterinarian. We can provide a $75 rebate once the procedure is completed. List of low cost clinics are provided.
Our adoption fee is $375 which includes age appropriate vaccines (such as Distemper, Bordetella, Parvo, Rabies), worming, micro-chipping, and health exam. Discount vouchers for training, grooming and similar dog related products and services are provided.
NEW: First vet visit is now FREE with participating VT veterinarians.