Introducing Blue-eyed Maple! She is a super sweet female mixed breed puppy with one blue eye who will be 9 weeks old on 8/19. She is playful, friendly and currently weighs 7 lbs. She was born in a foster home in SC and has lived there with her mom. She's been well socialized, handled by people of all ages, and gets along great with other dogs.
Her mom is a 21 lbs Whippet mix who has been nursing the pups since birth. She is now nursing twice a day and will continue right up until the day they leave to start their new lives. Her mom is pictured with Maple nursing.
We do not provide DNA testing which is the only way to know with certainty which breeds are in Maple's genetic background. Our best guess is that she is a Whippet mixed with possibly a Shepherd or Lab. Even though her mom is small, Maple is stocky and is likely to weigh more than 21 lbs as an adult. We anticipate Maple to reach 40-45 lbs.
Highlights about Maple
- Working on Housebreaking skills
- Well socialized
- One stunning blue eye
- Working on Crate training
- Enjoys playing with other dogs
- Sweet puppy who enjoys cuddles
- Up-to-date on vaccines
- Loves to spend time with people
- Has not been spayed*
* Based on current veterinary recommendations, Maple has not been spayed due to her young age. We do require proof of this procedure at a later date as part of the terms of our Adoption Agreement. Please discuss the correct time for this to be done with your veterinarian. We can provide a $75 rebate once the procedure is completed.
Our adoption fee is $375 which includes age appropriate vaccines (such as Distemper, Bordetella, Parvo, Rabies), worming, micro- chipping, and health exam. Discount vouchers for training, grooming and similar dog related products and services are provided.
NEW: First vet visit is now FREE with participating VT veterinarians.